This is your opportunity to participate in the 18th meeting of the world's premier conference for credit scoring and credit risk related topics. The Credit Scoring and Credit Control conference bridges the academic-practitioner divide. You will hear talks ranging from current industry issues to the latest research findings on credit risk analytics. It provides an ongoing forum to debate theory and practice as well as for meeting up with old – and new – colleagues.
The discussion of risk modelling is particularly relevant now, with political and economic turmoil putting enormous pressure on households and businesses. Credit risk modellers need to be at the forefront of emerging approaches to tackling new and existing challenges, such as climate change, energy crises, financial vulnerability, and reactions to rapidly rising inflation.
We are pleased to announce the following keynote speakers:
- Dr Joseph Breeden, CEO, Deep Future Analytics LLC (USA)
- Dr Michaela Pagel, Roderick H. Cushman Associate Professor, Columbia Business School (USA), NBER Faculty Research Fellow, CEPR Research Affiliate (Household Finance Network Member)
There will be many more speakers from credit scoring consultancies, banks and other financial institutions, and universities. We have introduced a new Programme Committee, consisting of leading experts in credit risk that will facilitate putting together an exciting and topical agenda.
We now invite the submission of extended abstracts/papers. Further details can be found in the Call for Abstracts.
We look forward to seeing you in Edinburgh in August 2023!
Director of Credit Research Centre
Personal Chair of Societal Aspects of Credit
Conference Organising Committee
- Professor Galina Andreeva, Credit Research Centre, University of Edinburgh Business School
- Professor Jonathan Crook, Credit Research Centre, University of Edinburgh Business School
- Mr David Edelman, Caledonia Credit Consultancy
- Professor Christophe Mues, University of Southampton
The programme committee is made up of academics and practitioners from across the world.
- Cristián Bravo Roman, Associate Professor, Canada Research Chair in Banking and Insurance Analytics, Western University, Canada
- Michalis Doumpos, Professor, Co-Director of Research in Financial Engineering & Operational Research, Financial Engineering Laboratory, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Alan Forrest, Advisory Senior Manager, Model Risk Oversight, Virgin Money, UK
- Paolo Giudici, Professor of Statistics and Financial Data Science, Department of Economics and Management, University of Pavia, Italy
- Stefan Lessmann, Chair of Information Systems, School of Business and Economics, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Marilena Karanika, Head of Innovation, Experian, UK
- Harry Scheule, Professor of Finance, Technical University Sydney, Australia
University of Edinburgh Business School
The University of Edinburgh Business School enjoys a long tradition of teaching and research. The School is triple accredited, offers undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programmes in business and management, and provides a platform for research, discussion and debate on a wide range of business issues.